Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chp. 3 Question

*Sorry I am a day late.

Use Ralph as inspiration for what you might do in this situation.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you mean by "use Ralph as inspiration," but i probably would have blown the conch to stop everyone from going up the mountain and made them do it in an orderly fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though that doesn't make sense^ I would have to say that in Ralph's "situation," I believe i would look for any and everybody I could find to help us survive through the whole ordeal. Though grown-ups are useful, they are not necessary. Ralph is a natural born leader, but he is naive to the world around him. He fails to listen to logic and the things that need to be done. So I would personally evict myself from the position. I would have someone else that is more "qualified" take over and provide a better future for everyone on the island. I believe that would be the most intelligent decision Ralph would make and the situation of him being a leader will not resolve until he does so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is use one of the words on the question chart? So would Piggy be the better leader because he has intellect? Or would a hunter be a better choice. I would gather food, water and build shelter. I would also designate a place for people to relieve themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do they have to be orderly about climbing the mountain? It was a good idea to get the lay of the land. Can you be more specific?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Use actually is one of the applying words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I had been in Ralph's situation, I would have probably tried to get all the kids rounded back up and talk about what exactly we were going to do when we got up the mountain to build a fire, rather than stand by Piggy and watch as everyone frantically runs up the mountain. I believe that being very organized in these kinds of situations is important, but the kids were not nessacerilly organized. I would not have really cared how they got up the mountain, so long as no one hurt themselves, but when we would actually get up the mountain, I would have been a little more... cautious about how big the fire would have been. (In the book, I do not believe Ralph had considered the consequence of a huge forest fire.) I proabably would have considered this and I would have been much more cautious about the fire. That is what I would have done in Ralph's situation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right, Malik, but it is an awkward application. It seems that most people interpreted this as what would you do if you were Ralph. Evan, I wonder who a better leader than Ralph would be.

    ReplyDelete